Thursday, October 16, 2008

A friendly reminder friends.

Hi Regular Reader. I have been MIA for a bit due to sickness hitting Chez Clampett. Note to self never brag about how you never got any lurgy's during winter. Because come spring something nasty will come and bite you fair on the arse.

Anyway today's post is a bit of doom and gloom but also a community notice all wrapped up into one.

Summer will soon hit our Australian shores and our sun has quite a bite to it. Can I beg and plead regular reader that you go and get your annual skin check if you have not already. It could save your life...seriously.



I have just had a suspected melanoma cut out and will be getting another done next week.

So get your family done soon. Nag your friends and neighbours. Spread the word even if you have just had summer it is never too late to get your skin check done. And remember SLIP SLOP and SLAP. And if you dont your a bloody idiot.

Hopefully back to normal programming soon regular reader.

6 comments:

Jodie said...

Cripes Ellie, I was wondering why you were quiet in blogland. Is that the first one you've had removed? Scary stuff...

Thanks for the reminder, I do often see those skin check clinics and think 'I really must do that'... so, I really must do that!

Shannon said...

Ouch. I can't muster anything more intelligent than that, I'm afraid...

Jodes said...

Glad you're back Ellie.

OK, will make an appointment to get that horrible looking one checked out.

Nina said...

Oh crap. Very scary. Glad you're ok, although it doesn't look too good at the moment. Take care xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this Ellie. Hopefully you'll get the all clear. Unfortunately I have had a couple dodgy ones removed too, so I'm with you on the "slip slop slap" bandwagon.

Keeping positive for you and look forward to catching up on Saturday.

Emma said...

Glad it was done so quickly Ellie -now just the wait for the results to go. No need to worry about us Coleman's as we have the sun protection nazi living here (AKA Brett). No-one escapes the house without sunscreen, hat and many layers (and we are in Melb!!). All the best xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...