Monday, October 27, 2008

Pink Ribbon Day

Today is Pink Ribbon Day and unfortunately there are probably far too many of us who have been touched by cancer.

A lovely friend of mine hosted a Girls Night In 2 weeks ago.

We held a little shindig where there were 11 ladies and we raised just over $500.00. I was tickled pink (excuse the pun) at how much we raised and had so much fun doing it.

Far too many grape juices consumed along with some totally delicious food. This is how I recovered the next day with some of my highly coveted goodies.




So I hope you got your ribbon or donated even just a dollar there are so many worthy cancer related charities around.

I lost my beautiful Grandmother at the age of 50 to breast cancer.

R.I.P - Rita Hapgood 09.09.1926 ~ 24.09.1976

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congrats on raising such a great amount! You gals should be very proud. We've been touched by cancer too but fortunately my mum has made a full recovery, ever year we donate and buy up all sorts of goodies in the process!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...