Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Memories - Week 3



Okay so now I am really starting to stuggle as there was a really really important memory that I wanted to do this week but could not find a suitable photo so maybe next week. So instead this week you get my first flowergirl duties snapshot.


I am not quite sure of the year but it was between 1980 - 1983 so would have been maybe in either Grade 1 or 2 from memory.
My most distinct memory of this day is getting my hair done in 2 braids and then having little sprigs of baby's breath stuck throughout...so very 80's rofl. Also my other memory is of me thinking I was so very glamorous that whenever a camera was around I went into supermodel vs the paparazzi type mode where all my shots would be absolutely stunning but I was not posing. In the end my grandfather very patiently asked me to stand still so he could get a shot of me.
My mum also has a photo of me in this outfit standing outside the very beautiful sandstone church in the guest bedroom at her place. I think mainly because the room has a maroon themed bedspread and the photo matches the decor...

2 comments:

Mothership said...

... but more importantly, because you're a cutie patootie.

Shannon said...

ah yes, love the '80's. Such a flattering decade.

You did look gorgeous though. I hope your mum still has the dress...?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...