Monday, September 15, 2008

From the garden to the table

I am desperately trying to use what I can from the garden so it does not go to waste.

So I have made some mint ice cubes to add to summer drinks. Which I used today in my iced tea with my basil, boccocini and tomato salad for lunch.



Some beetroot dip for a Sunday afternoon wine and nibblies session with our friends. The colour was amazing, hot pink. People kept asking was food colouring added but all natural no additives. Beetroot, greek yoghurt, garlic and cumin seeds.


And tonight for dinner a hodge podge chicken casserole using tins of tomatoes, 1/2 pkt of french onion soup mix and from the garden spring onions, basil, parsely, spinach, baby carrots, zucchini and mushrooms. I will add some cannelini beans in the last 1/2 hour I hope it tastes okay.


And tonight we will again attempt a pesto this time using basil. I hope it works because I have spent a small country in pine nuts over the past few weeks. I want something for my investment. Hopefully it works and we can have a lovely simple pasta dish tomorrow night with a tomato and basil salad.

3 comments:

Mothership said...

Save some of those rockin' cubes for when I get there. I will be needing tremendous amounts of drinks.

Can one add vodka to iced tea?

Ellie said...

We can do anything. I had vodka, lime and soda with fresh passionfruit the other week. Turned my nose up at first (being the purist and all) but it was actually really quite nice. Nothing like slurping up some drunk passionfruit at the end of your drink.

Leah said...

Love all your produce! can you tell me the recipe for the beetroot dip?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...